Water filtration is a must even in the commercial industry. It can be an office or a hotel or a resort or a factory. People need purified and healthy water. There is numerous model for domestic use. But choosing the proper filter for a commercial purpose is not easy. A lot of research and information needs to be gathered before choosing the right water filtration machine. In many cases, bigger organizations often purification plants are needed due to excessive demand for water.
Besides that, there are a lot of varieties and machines available in the market. Here is a complete guide that will help you to choose the best machine for water purification. Read the article to make an intelligent choice.
- Know the types of filtration
There are different types of the water filtration process and each of these has its benefits. If the water is highly polluted then you may need a stronger filtration system. But if it is moderately contaminated then simpler plants or machines will do the work.
Some popular filtration techniques are-
- Gravity filter: This is one of the most basic processes among the filtration techniques. It uses the gravity of the Earth to filter the water. Impurities are sedimented as per their particle size. This type of filters are good if you are being supplied purified water(both chemically and naturally) and the TDS rate is very very low. This type of filters cannot filter the microbes and very small-sized particles.
- Carbon: This type of filtration is more improved. It is an economic process if filtering water. It is ideal for beverage and hospitality industries. The carbon filter is also popular in the ice industry. It can nearly filter everything. Carbon has a high amount of absorption power. Carbon filters can easily purify the smallest p[articles from the water. The particles are often unrecognizable through the naked eye. There are different techniques in this process. In some Industrial water filtration systems, The water is made to pass through a huge carbon block or cylinder. Otherwise, the water filtered through carbon sedimentation. As the water passes through the carbon, carbon absorbs all of the impurities. Activated carbon is used in this case because it has high filtration power. A lot of commercial and domestic models have an extra membrane to allow another stage of filtration. Carbon filters can effectively filter tiny particles and pollutants.
- Scale inhibition: It is not a typical filtering process. If the water contains scale then it needs to be purified before drinking. Scales can be small particles to a flimsy layer or even bigger crystals. Scales are formed when the pressure level of the water fluctuates very fast within a shorter period. Scale inhibition costs more than a carbon filter. It is widely used in general hospitality industry.
- Chloramine: This is more expensive than the above-mentioned filtration process. Chloramine process is used to get rid of the biological impurities of the water. Water contains lots of harmful bacteria and viruses. These microbes can cause serious diseases like diarrhea, dysentery or food poisoning. Besides that, water often contains biological residues from other living things. Chloramine filters effectively kill these living things and make the water purified. It is great of the water has lower TDS (less than 500). But this type of water has a bad taste. Hence, people often do not want to drink it. That’s why companies use an additional chloramines filter that drains out the excessive chloramines and makes the water more drinkable. It is one of the most basic filtration techniques. Chloramine filters are widely used in general foodservice industry.
- Ultra Violet Filtration: The old and trusted process that is been in the market for a long time and people still love this process. Commercial Filters with UV rays are still widely used. Water is cleaned with Ultra Violet rays. The rays clean the water at the microscopic level and it nearly kills all microbes present in the water. But this process does not filter the physical pollutants like chemicals or spores. Often UV filters are used with another filtration technique. UV filters are a great choice if the water has less chemical pollutant and more biological pollutant.
- Reverse Osmosis or RO: RO is among one of the most popular water filtration techniques domestic RO machines and Industrial RO plant are always preferred by experts. In this process, the water is passed from a higher concentration level to a lower concentration level through a special membrane. Reverse osmosis is done with the external procedure. Hence, more purified water is obtained from this process and you get clean water.
- Choosing the system:
After the techniques, it’s time to discuss the system. You need to choose the filter that filters most efficiently. It can be a single process filter or a combined process filter.
- Combined filter type: This is a newer system. Here two types of filtration technique are combined for a better filtration process. The most common process is UV and RO system.
You need to choose the filter according to the application. If you simply want purification then a simple purifier will do the work. If you want to cater customers then you need specialised purifiers.
- Drinking-Water: If you want to choose a purifier for the only filtration then you need to keep something in mind. Normal filters can be an economic option but these filters are often not enough to filter water. You can choose RO –UV filters. But, you need to take care of the taste of the water. If the water tastes bad then people may not want to drink from this filter. Hence, choose a filter that offers total filtration with great taste. Reverse osmosis is the best in everything.
- Hot and cool water: If you want to go for hot and cold water then you need to invest in a proper machine. Try to purchase a filter that has separate outlets for cold and hot water. If you cannot find such purifiers then install a water treatment plant and also install a vending machine according to temperature.
- Check the longevity
This is the most important factor after the filtration power. You need a commercial water filtration that lasts long and has lower Maintainance charge.
If you can keep these factors in mind then you will be able to purchase a commercial water filter that works best and also has an affordable price.