Welcoming a new born is a very special moment of every person in the family. It is obvious for you to be happy and thrilled at baby’s arrival because having a baby is one of the sweetest gifts a person can be blessed within their lifetime It is a blessing for every parent to welcome their buddle of joy with loads of love and care.
7 Safety precaution to be taken care while you are expecting a baby
- Avoid caffeine during pregnancy
- Caffeine in limited quantities (less than 200m per day) is ok during pregnancy.
- When Caffeine is absorbed into the placenta, it can affect the baby since the baby’s metabolism isn’t mature enough to be able to process it yet.
- If you cannot do without your daily caffeine intake, limit your intake to just two cups a day. Ideally taking coffee away from your diet completely is the best possible thing. Infact, high caffeine during the initial trimester can lead to miscarriages or other health-related issues in the fetus. It is better to exercise moderation here and limit intake.
- Taking excessive caffeine could affect the baby’s heart rate.
- A large amount of caffeine is associated with premature birth, low birth weight, and withdrawal symptoms of infants. In addition to it, it also can affect the growth of the baby, even in small amounts.
- Avoid alcohol during pregnancy
- The occasional indulgences is fine but if you are crossing the line you should also be aware of the consequence. Too much alcohol intake during pregnancy can lead to poor growth and improper brain development in the fetus.
- Alcohol can also lead to abnormal facial features in the baby and in worst care it can cause mental retardation.
- Even if you restrict yourself to one drink a day your baby might would be at the risk of having problems in terms of learning, speech, attention span, language, and hyperactivity after birth. In addition to it, high levels of alcohol increase the risk of stillbirths.
- Some fish and seafood is good to avoid
- Fish contains high level of metals and especially mercury. High dosage of mercury can cause developmental delays. Excessive mercury is also been known to cause miscarriage.
- It is best to avoid fishes like shark/flake, ray, swordfish, roughly, ling, and southern bluefin tuna etc, there are high in mercury level. It is advisable to limit the intake of fish, have not more than 2 servings per week. It is also advisable to avoid shellfish, prawns and smoked fish.
- Effects of poor nutrition during pregnancy
- Inadequate nutrition during pregnancy can cause serious difficulty in pregnancy, labor difficulties, and slower recovery. In addition to it, poor nutrients can lead to labor commencing too early.
- Pregnant women who are overweight or obese have a greater risk for developing gestational diabetes, hypertension, and are also in need of caesarean section delivery.
- Daily calorie needs
- The level of calories increases during pregnancy, it help and support woman’s maternal body changes and the baby’s proper growth and development. According to RDA, a pregnant lady needs an additional 300 calories per day from the second and third trimesters, in addition to maintenances health needs.
- It is best to consume healthy food during pregnancy, it also should be healthy calories . In addition to it, also increase the intake of proteins, complex carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Also increase the intake of complex carbohydrates such as fruit, whole-grain starches, cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, and legumes should be the main source of energy.
- Foods to avoid
- Include plenty of fruits and vegetables. Make sure to wash thoroughly with running water before eating. Avoid using anything that have gone moldy . Avoid just cut off the bad area . It is best to throw the item out altogether.
- Also avoid the consumption of ice-creams, raw eggs and mayonnaise
- Limit the intake of outside food. Moreover, do not eat food that is served lukewarm and pre prepared salads.
7. Exercise of during pregnancy