The popular social media app Tiktok has taken down the accounts that were posting the information videos for the Islamic state group, the employee of the Tiktok Company has said on Tuesday. Tiktok, which is owned by the Chinese company ByteDance, reported that 500 million users globally last year making it one of the most popular social apps.
A worker at the Tiktok told AFP that about 10 accounts were detached for posting such videos.
Before being taken down, those videos are having double digit views especially on those videos, said by the worker who refused to be named.
The videos featured dead bodies being displayed from side to side streets and Islamic State units with weapons, according to the Wall Street Journal, which primary reported the story on Monday.
“The media advertising terrorist organizations have utterly no position or place on TikTok,” the corporation said in a declaration emailed to AFP.
“We everlastingly prohibit any such accounts and linked devices as soon as acknowledged, and we incessantly expand ever-stronger reins to proactively notice doubtful actions,” it said.
“The ISIS postings go against TikTok’s rules but the complete volume of content makes it complicated for TikTok to monitor their stage and search out these videos,” he further said.
The Islamic State’s self-declared “caliphate” in Iraq and Syria knockdown in March, however, the group remains full of life in more than a few countries in the Middle East, Africa and Asia, as well as tranquil exciting jihadists during an online attendance.
In the month of April, TikTok was temporarily prohibited by an Indian court over maintains it was advertising pornography among kids.
The app is prohibited in neighboring Bangladesh and was strike with a gigantic fine in the United States for illegitimately collecting information from kids. The company has disproved the accusations, saying they stand for by neighboring solitude rules.
ByteDance has an account of TikTok in China which is known as Douyin.