Have you observed a Mold growing on the walls of your home and are confused why is it growing after taking caring and following so much of precautions? Well, to answer this for you, Mold are spot of white, black or any color spot which are appearing on the walls and the corners of the house. They grow more and more due to the dampness and moisture present on the walls of the home. Let’s see if we can see Mold in the home: how big a health problem is it?
The texture and the appearance of these Molds are very cottony, velvety and may also appear in powdery form. If prompt action is not taken then these Mold will keep on growing. Molds are considered to be from fungi families which can be seen growing on the internal or the external walls of the house. On external wall they help Mother Nature by breaking down the animal and plants waste particles whereas when grown internally it will be a health issue for some people.
Molds growing in buildings and houses are very common issue. Molds are never developed inside the house. If you will ever see them on the internal wall, it means these Molds have travelled from outside through any of the channels or the mediums. These Channels can be through clothes, pet, shoes, doors, air conditioner vent (any other vent present in the hose) windows and doors. Well, here in this article we will see how big health problem is the Mold and how can we prevent mold in your home.
Mold in the home: how big a health problem is it?
Well Mold is a form of microscopic fungi which can create health problems for sensitive people. Molds produce a type of substance which can result into allergies in humans. It is always advisable not to touch or not to smell them as these Molds may cause below health problems:
- Allergic Reaction
- Irritation in Lungs
- Irritation in eyes
- Running nose
- Rashes on the skin
- Soreness of throat
It is advisable to keep Asthma patients out of reach of the Molds to prevent the asthma attack in their case. Also it is prudent to say to keep away the patients who are having any medical history. You never know what reaction this Mold can do on their health, hence we need to keep such sensitive patient way from the Mold
Basis these health hazard let’s see the tips which can be followed to prevent the Molds.
Prevent Mold In Your Home
Mold can happen in any house and anywhere, so we cannot stop their birth but yes we can prevent their growth from all the house walls. We can make sure that these Molds should not grow more and should leave the house walls by following below prevention steps.
- Immediately find the source of moisture and dampness. Fix it on priority. Let the wall completely dry as Mold grows in size just because of the moisture
- The rooms which don’t have proper ventilation (like basement) and has water usage (like washing area and bathrooms) should have less stuff and never use any carpet on the floors as collective moisture can result into Mold
- Check all the windows and doors for the leak. If leak is seen in any of them then get the leak stopped as moisture can transfer from window frame to wall causing the Mold to grow
- Regularly wash your tiles and use the cleaners which are especially meant for Mold
- Always keep your rooms and bathrooms fully ventilated. Use exhaust fan for ventilation
- We have a chemical which is Mold proof it can be put into the paint while house is getting painted. This chemical doesn’t let Mold to develop on the walls.
- Make sure your bathroom and the accessories like curtains, doormats are kept dry to avoid the growth of Molds on them due to Moisture
- Never leave any clothes or towel wet as it can attract the Mold
- Keep a good drainage system in house. Make sure the water gets drained completely from the house
Basis this article I am sure now you are aware how dangerous Mold is for house. By following these preventions, you can get rid of the Mold completely from your house.